TIKTIN REAL ESTATE INVESTMENT SERVICES – a commercial real estate investment sales brokerage firm in Miami, FL is seeking a Senior Real Estate Financial Analyst to work with the President of the company, and his team of investment brokerage specialists. The position requires previous experience supporting salespeople, an understanding of financial terms and calculations, and some marketing experience. This position also involves supporting the daily activities of the team in a wide variety of tasks.
- Conduct financial analysis and models, and pro forma analysis including cash flow and debt/equity; net present value and discounted cash flow analysis; and IRR analysis.
- Create supportive underwriting assumptions or estimates when the information needed is not readily available.
- Carefully analyze property financial statements, due diligence information and leases.
- Work with CoStar, LoopNet, Rent Comps and Sales Comps.
- Identify inconsistencies in information received; Communicate with appropriate parties to obtain additional information when needed.
- Research property-specific demographics and economic trends to support financial assumptions via internal programs and internet research.
- Develop and articulate valuation strategy based on project requirements.
- Create comprehensive investment packages and proposals of all types, marketing pieces and email blasts
- Prepare detailed financial analysis for investments in multiple real estate asset classes with a focus on retail and office.
- Upgrade complex financial models and improve existing templates.
- Perform analysis of historical and current comparative property-specific data and market rent data related to economic metrics, along with current micro and macro market conditions, to determine financial underwriting and presentation assumptions
- Collect market research and data to determine appropriate rents, expenses and vacancy assumptions
- Proactively collect, catalogue, and preview various trade areas and geographies in order to identify strategic investment opportunities; research and stay abreast of industry changes.
- Update and maintain internal database.
- Provide documentation of investment issues and root cause for future issue avoidance.
- Four-year degree with emphasis in Finance, Accounting, Business, Mathematics or Real Estate.
- 2-5 years of experience in real estate investments and valuation.
- Strong analytical aptitude.
- Highly organized and able to work independently.
- Advanced level of proficiency in Microsoft applications with extensive knowledge of Excel.
- Knowledge of Adobe InDesign and Photoshop.
- Understanding of how to create basic interactive maps via Google, Bing, etc.
- Flexible work hours with the ability to make last minute adjustments to work requests.
- Resourceful, service oriented, professional, proactive, creative, dependable, and trainable.
- High level of integrity and great interpersonal skills.
- Ability to read through offering memorandum and extract critical information.
- Experience in cash flow forecasting, financial analysis, and real estate pro forma modeling.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work well under pressure, taking on big projects on short notice for pitches to private and institutional partners and clients.
- Understand basic real estate concepts for all major property types, with strong grasp of financial terms and principles necessary in real estate underwriting (IRR, NPV, Return on Equity, investor waterfall structures, etc.)
- Working knowledge of capital markets.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Proactive thinker with a detail oriented approach to problem solving.
Position is available immediately. Please apply within or submit resumes to: